Wednesday, February 9, 2011

In The Beginning:

There was this woman, myself, who was footloose and fancy free.  I had yet to meet my "soulmate".

There was this man, Joe, handsome and mysterious. He also had not met his "dream woman".

Although, we originally met 6 years ago, our paths were headed in different directions. We were both seeing other people.

March, 2009 I heard that Joe was single. I thought,  "now is my chance, I have to let him know I'm into him". Oh the butterflies!!  Long story short, he called, we spoke, I flaked.

Dumb Move, Dumb Girl:

I really regretted that move.

Second Time is A Charm:

In January 2010, Joe started covering cases at the hospital where I work. AND, here came the butterflies!!  I tried flirting, but damn he made me nervous. Especially, given the history of my flakiness.

Who Knew A Troll Would Help:

My sister, Misty, calls one day to tell me the funniest story that involved a "troll". This was a story worth repeating to everyone, including Joe. Needless to say, this led to our first date.

February 18, 2010...Its First Date Day:

OMG!!  Why am I sweating so??  We met at a sushi restaurant in Berkeley. Time for a beer...let's calm those nerves. And, did I mention how hot he looked in his gray suit and blue sweater...wow!!

At some point I say, "this seems to be going well". I think that was a poor choice of words.

We continued the date at an Irish pub down the street. There was a band playing and we sat upstairs where we could hear each other talk.

OK, we're 5 hours into this date and my hot date has yet to make a move.  I'm touching my hair, my body is facing his, I keep licking my lips...I'm giving all the signals. Oh no, is this turning into a "friend" date?

Seven hours later, we walk to our cars.  I sit in his jeep so I can listen to some of his music we've been discussing.  As much fun as the date was, I had to leave. I mean, it's 12:30, and I have to work the next day. So what does he do?  He kisses me!  Seven long hours I waited for this moment.

I had already confirmed that we could keep the conversation going and enjoy each others company. But, did we have chemistry?

Did we ever!!!  I couldn't sleep when I got home. I need another kiss...

No comments:

Post a Comment